We are very excited for today’s events around the Fourth in Maui. Here are a complete list of details for all Maui Fourth of July, 2009, events.
The Rotary club of Lahaina Sunrise will be presenting the fireworks show in Lahaina this evening. Prior to that, a variety of bands will play on the Lahaina Library lawn.
In Makawao, the 44th annual Paniolo Parade will run as usual this morning.
Here is the full timeline for today:
- 8:45 am - Various roads begin closing in Makawao for the parade. Baldwin Avenue at its intersection with Kaluanui Road; Makawao Avenue at its intersections with Kokomo and Makani roads; and Olinda Road at its intersection with Hanamu Road.
- 9:00 am - Makawao Parade begins. Parking and shuttle service available at the Oskie Rice Arena. Parking also will be available at the Eddie Tam Memorial Center, with shuttle service after the parade. Parking will not be allowed along the parade route.
- 11:00 am - Roads expected to re-open as soon as possible after the parade.
- 4:30 pm - Front Street in Lahaina will be closed between Baker and Hotel streets. Side streets will be closed and on-street parking will NOT be allowed.
- 5:00 pm - Bands begin to play on the Lahaina Library lawn. Those attending are not allowed to set off fireworks, including sparklers. Alcohol, chairs, bicycles, and dogs will also be banned. Officers will be patrolling the area.
- 8:00 pm - The Lahaina fireworks presentation and show will begin!
- 9:00 pm - Front Street will reopen to traffic following the fireworks show.
We hope everyone has a great Fourth! Please report back any traffic jams or other event details that you hear about. We will keep this page updated as well as provide more updates on Twitter.
- Lahaina 4th of July After some question marks surrounding the event, the 4th of...
- Maui Bus Temporary Re-Route Due to the partial closure of Kaahumanu Avenue on Thursday,...
- Kamehameha Day Parade On Saturday in Lahaina town, Front Street was reserved for...